Texas Capitol COVID-19 Protocols
- Public access to the Capitol Building and Capitol Extension is available only through the north and south entrances of the Capitol Building.
- Public access to the John H. Reagan Building is available only through the east entrance.
- All individuals are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask in compliance with the recommendations of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Face masks, COVID testing, or vaccination is not required, HOWEVER, many legislators may require a negative test result or other measure before entering their offices.
- House and Senate Committee protocols may vary and each chamber's rules should be consulted before attending a committee hearing.
Health and Safety Protocols
Individuals entering these buildings are strongly encouraged to:
- Practice social distancing from other individuals when possible.
- Wash and sanitize hands often. Hand sanitizer stations are available at the entrance to each hearing room and other locations throughout the capitol complex.
- Self-screen for signs or symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the building and stay home when sick.